Hosted by: Barefoot Networks Inc.
Dates: Thursday, November 19, 2015 – Friday, November 20, 2015
Thursday, November 19, 2015
8:00-8:30am: Check-in and Breakfast
8:30-9:00am: Welcome Keynote, by Nick McKeown (No Slides or Video for this portion)
- Why P4?
- Intro to P4.org
- Explanation of CLA
9:30-10:00am: Demo of new and existing networking features developed in P4, by Chang Kim (Video)
- In-band Network Telemetry (INT)
- Flowlet Switching
12:00-1:00pm: Lunch Onsite
4:45-6:00pm: Panel Discussion and Q&A with Participants from Industry (No Slides or Video for this portion)
- Exchange P4-programming experiences for research & engineering projects
- Discuss research topics regarding novel data-plane protocols, programming models, and development environment
Friday, November 20, 2015
- Attendees worked on their own P4 projects
12:00-1:30pm: Lunch Onsite
1:30-2:30pm: Discussion on Language Evolution and Research Topic, by Mihai Budiu (No Slides or Video for this portion)
2:30-6:00pm: Participants’ presentation/s and discussion, Led by all students (No Slides or Video for this portion)
- Feedback from other students, Nick McKeown, Chang Kim, et al.
7:00-10:00pm: Free form coding/debugging session (a.k.a. P4 Party!) (No Slides or Video for this portion)
- Barefoot Instructors were there to help