The P4 Language Consortium is open to participation by any individual or organization willing and able to make an active and material contribution to the following objectives:
- Build a thriving open source community dedicated to the use and improvement of the P4 language.
- Utilize P4 to describe how a forwarding plane should process packets.
- Promote standardization and improvement of the P4 language
- Enable industry participants to develop new technologies that function in accordance with the specification.
- Benefit consumers and the industry by facilitating adoption of the P4 language.
Becoming a member is free and easy:
1. Download the membership agreement here.
2. Fill it out and sign the appropriate section, Institutional or Indivdual.
3. Scan the signed agreement and send it to Membership@P4.Org.
KEEP IN TOUCH
The p4 mailing lists are:
p4-announce : general admin list: meeting schedules, announcements of significant contributions (low-volume, subscribe here)
p4-dev : active list for coders and users of P4 (subscribe here)
p4-discuss : open list for all issues that aren’t directly related to development/code (subscribe here)
Three Board Members oversee the consortium: